Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So, it's been awhile. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around, you might miss it. (Ferris Bueller) So, let me stop and ponder the newest happenings.
Full-time job, mom, and now--starting a master's program. Spent half the weekend in class but got out earlier than planned. Thank God for small favors. Although I have to say that it was a good class. I think I'm going to like the program.
Big week for us as a collective population, huh? I cracked up at the closing prayer with the different sayings about some of the different races--I loved "when brown can stick around" and "the red man can get ahead, man" along with the others that I can't quite remember what was the exact quote. Probably mostly because that was an old dude and I didn't expect to hear such lighthearted things to come from him. Bet he's a pretty funny guy if he feels cool enough to say such things in front of millions of people. Totally endearing.
Seriously glad I have a DVR. Last night, I was torn between two fabulous pop culture events--the Neighborhood Ball and American Idol. I could talk a while about the beauty and joy of the DVR. Why would anyone want to watch TV in real time anymore? It's like air conditioning--sure, you don't need it for survival but let's not take any chances.
Anyhoo, Idol was classic as always and the Ball was pretty good too. Here' s a question: was Beyoncé nipping out or was it just the way the darts were sewn into her dress? At first, I said darts but my husband pointed (ha) out that it looked like the points had dark round circles. Hunh. I could see that, I suppose. I probably should just go on some gossip sites and see what they said because I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. Plus, as the spouse observed, they didn't show a lot of full body shots of her--just the face. Scared cameramen/producers perhaps? Don't want another wardrobe malfunction. Either way, it was a pretty dress and Beyoncé always looks fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment