Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sucker

This is me, a sucker. I'm at work and someone asks me for help. Do I say that I'm super busy and I can get back to them later? Nope. I drop what I'm doing to help. Why? Because it's usually a tech question and I like tech questions. Or because a kid's laptop is doing something weird and I want to figure out the problem. Either way, my plans get stalled and I'm left scrambling to finish my work. So, this is my life right now.
I remember before Molly was born that I thought I was busy. And at the time I guess I thought I was. Then she was born and I thought I was busy. And I know I was. Now, I have a fabulous two-year old, a full-time job, and a master's research paper to complete. And a Halloween costume to make. And pictures to put in a scrapbook. And a baby quilt I need to finish. And a book I'd like to read. Now I'm pretty sure I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment