Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My bad

Holy crap, I haven't posted in a while. Got an email from Jodi inviting me to be a part of her blog which reminded me I have a blog. So, after reading up on the blogs I'm following (this, after some serious facebook time) I decided to post up, yo.
Got back from Denver last week. It was a fun trip and looking back maybe we should have stayed an extra day to do a few more things. I suppose it gives us a reason to go back. Molly was a trooper through 75-80% of trip. Afternoon hours got hairy as no nap was the norm.
Had class last Friday and Saturday. Need to get working on that because I could probably get most of the work done quickly and easily. But I'm sure some procrastination will be involved. Got an iPod Touch for class, though, and get to keep it. I'm loving the calendar app. It's way smaller than the calendar in my purse but I think I'll hold on to both for a while until I get used to only using the iPod. Bought a skin for it but I think I want some sort of carrier-style something so it's protected better whilst being jostled in said purse.
Also bought a car on Friday (a good day, right?!) 2008 Saturn Aura XR. Drove it all weekend, loved it, etc. This morning got ready to go to the zoo with friends, got in the car, and it wouldn't start. Long story short, the car "dropped a cell" in the battery and needed replacing. Seriously, this has to happen to me?! Cripes. Well, at least we had the other car and it wasn't a time-sensitive trip. But now I'm like what else can happen? But at least I have another year of bumper-to-bumper.
So now I need some motivation to go to school and get some work done. I know I have lots to do and that no one's going to do it but me, but I hate having to take my time off and work. I spend a LOT of time during the year that I think I deserve a wee bit of repose from people's kids. But if I don't work on stuff now, I'll really be hurting in fall plus that it's also my action research time. Skee-roo'd if I don't take action now.
This is me giving myself a pep talk. Is it working?

No comments:

Post a Comment